16 December, 2005

Paraphrasing

Rereading a sci-fi series. A few times a year, I reread some of my favourite fantasy, sci-fi, murder mystery series. Just finishing off the last of about ten “Vorkosigan Adventure” books from Lois McMaster Bujold.

Yesterday’s book (yes, we are talking about mass consumption here: 10 books in about 12 days on the last count) had two really good quotes, which I can only paraphrase:

"It’s easier to get forgiveness than it is permission."

"The difference between heaven and hell is the company you keep there."

Now, maybe both are much-used sayings, but they struck me as astute. I especially like the second one with respect to heaven and hell on earth. Where would I be without my wonderful, eclectic, crazy collection of family and friends?

No comments:

Post a Comment