14 January, 2007

Going Out On A Limb

I remember reading a while back a blog entry, where the blogger said, “If I am not blogging, it is not because I don’t have time to write, but because I don’t have time to read” (a bit of paraphrasing here). And this is so true. The last week or so have been very hectic in our household.

I have this general feeling of dissatisfaction because I haven’t had enough time to read, though there is so much going on out there in the blogsphere that interests me (here, here, and here), which I’d like to contemplate and comment on. At the moment, I am just skimming by bloglines each day and whooshing through the blog articles with the speed of light. Something has to change.

I have this general feeling of dissatisfaction because I haven’t had enough time to read, though there is so much going on out there in the blogsphere that interests me and then contemplate and comment on. At the moment, I am just skimming by bloglines each day and whooshing through the blog articles in the speed of light. Something has to change.

It must be those little details like returning to work and the children returning to school, which have caused a dent in my blogging armour. Isn’t it surprising how much time there is to spare when you are on vacation with nowhere to go and no obligations to fulfil?

How are you holding up? Has the transition back into the normal routing been smooth?

Tomorrow I have to give a presentation in the research institute I work in for the other researchers. This semester we have been looking at different aspects of (so-called, or for lack of a better term) Web 2.0. My presentation is about Web 2.0 and the educational community. The title of the presentation is, “Read/Write Web: Talk the Talk, Walk the Walk”.

I am going to go out on a limb with this presentation. First, I haven’t written a script, which is what I usually do because I do not give many presentations anymore and I do not want to be caught stuttering and spitting. The next risky aspect is that I decided to make the presentation “personal” (not usual) and not “scientific” (normal practice). I am going to recount the journey I’ve taken over the last three years learning about what the future of education is facing, rethinking the fundamental premises that no longer hold, and taking a few tentative steps to become an active participator and not just an informed consumer.

Once again, I am nervous as can be. What’s new? Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. I wish you luck. I like personal presentations.

    I too have had much less time last week. I've been reading and commenting, but not writing. I hope this week will turn out better.

    ReplyDelete