05 February, 2007

Absolutely Mortified

colored tiles light green
Years and years ago I used to collect “My Most Embarrassing Moment” stories from friends and family. Actually, it was sort of a litmus test for any new friendship. I figured if my recently acquired friend was willing to entrust to me the secret of the most embarrassing moment in their life, then our friendship had a future. (Granted, warped thinking.)

These stories were not I-slipped-on-a-banana-peel-in-front-of-my-in-laws type of stories. No they were situations, or moments of complete and utter mortification. You must have experienced such situations: when something you say or do puts you into a totally unexpected embarrassing or mortifying point-of-no-return.

colored tiles light green
Over a decade or two, I collected these pearls of narration. I thought I might write down some of these stories, names and places changed of course, and share them with you. Perhaps, in return, you might share your most embarrassing moment story with me.

colored tiles light green
Please, please, tell! Send your story, names and places changed, to me at virtualredtent(at)yahoo(com). I promise to be discrete and not print the story in my blog unless you give your expressed permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment