04 May, 2007

Everyman’s Photography

This is an amusing video showing how a large giant like Kodak can rethink their corporate vision and starts thinking like an everyman photographer again.



Flickr is holding a global photography event tomorrow (May 5th) called “24 hours of flickr”. The people participating in the event (moi!) are going to document their day photographically and place all the photos into the group page with the help of the flickr organizer (here). At the moment, it looks as though over 20,000 people have signed up for the event. Can’t wait to see what comes out of the idea.

There is so much happening in the field of photography, for any one to use. I thought I’d link you to a few of the new applications or tutorials (here, here, and here) and gadgets (here and here) for fun. And then when you have a selection of photos, there is so much you can do with them (here and here).

I’ve tried printing some of my collages as cards and I am amazed at how good the quality is. About fifteen years or so ago, I printed up a series of postcards to sell in Grenada. What a long and torturous process that was. I made up the layout in Luebeck, and sent the film proofs (sorry, don’t know the word in English) to the printer in Barbados, and they printed up 8,000 postcards. The quality of the print was good, though the colour tones were not at all as I imagined. Not bad, but just not as I thought they would be. In the end, I managed to sell all of the postcards. Thankfully so.

I really wish I knew of a digital printer site where I could get cards or postcards on demand a few hundred at a time. Ideally, this site would allow me to change the motifs as well. Unfortunately, the offers I know of on sites like mypix.com are really only good for personal use. If any of you know of a company that I could use for commercial use, I’d really appreciate hearing from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment