28 July, 2007

Five Minutes Before Midnight

Not literally, but, as far as my children leaving tomorrow afternoon on their trip to Canada, yes, it is down to the last sprint. Does that mean we have started packing? No. Have we made up a to-do list? No. What we have done, is determined that Nomad Son can’t find his German passport. Thank heavens we found his Canadian passport. And my, surprise surprise, it’s still valid.

This means the two of them, on their own, will have to travel through the OTHER (i.e., non EU citizen) line-ups, which are often slow. May the gods and customs officers have mercy.

Since I am not traveling with them, possibly they can avoid the karma I have; where always, yes always, the third or fourth person’s papers in front of me are not in order, and the line up stops to a complete standstill, which drags onandonandon, so that I become worried of ever making our connecting flight.

Here are my prayers that they will arrive in Montreal safe and sound.

2 comments:

  1. Mine too! Safe travels, Lia's kids!

    I love your new look, all cool and blue. It's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Charlotte said. I'd totally panic not having packed a thing and not finding his passport. It's a good thing he has a Canadian one though.

    And the new look is great.

    ReplyDelete