18 August, 2007

Quiet Saturday Afternoon

blank_book

I refuse to continue lamenting about the poor summer weather. My heavens, talk about a national obsession. In places where the weather is almost always perfect (think of Grenada, the home of my heart), people don’t spend their days talking about how wonderful the sea breeze is.

A day, like today, is perfect, despite the weather. There are books to read, conversations to enjoy, and, after a week of illness, a feeling of slowly renewed health. The water boils for a new pot of tea. Sunshine, bah humbug, who needs you? Totally, overrated.

This, this is bliss.

1 comment:

  1. Well, you're perfectly right but I feel like I have cabin fever already. (Also a 4 yo who wants to be entertained.)

    Glad to hear you're feeling better. And tea's an excellent idea. I just put on an additional layer of clothing.

    (Yesterday we swam in the lake. In the rain...)

    ReplyDelete