05 November, 2007

Chocolate Delight

A friend of mine owns and runs the most excellent chocolate shop called, Armaro. Before I met Birgit, I didn’t know that the best chocolate, like wine, is not to be bought in exclusive department stores, but rather, in shops like hers.

Many of the best chocolatiers, even those who have been making chocolate for generations, only produce as much as they can guarantee their quality. They cannot supply large orders; rather they seek excellence over quantity. They are true artisans.
amaro04_0711
I’ve spent the weekend making up some possible chocolate motifs for cards for the shop. I’ve worked hard, but I am not so happy with the results. I was hoping to make something that smelled and tasted of chocolate, coffee, and cacao.

If any of the collages does this for you, I’d really appreciate a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment