07 November, 2007

Creating Personalized Mini Cards

I just made up a selection of motifs to use as gift tags. There is an online printing company, moo, which makes fabulous mini cards. They can be used as business cards, bookmarks, or gift tags.
lilalia_moo70
The resulting product is just wonderful: 100 mini cards with as many motifs as you want, with great colours, good quality of cardboard, nice to handle, impossible to bend.

The cards are small (7 cm x 2.8 cm). In my first order, I printed my motifs on one side and my name and email address on the other. For the gift tags, I will leave the back blank.

Over the years I've printed, collected, and thrown out a wide collection of business cards. To be perfectly honest, I really don't like the things. The moo mini cards seem a good alternative. Now, when I meet someone and want to give them some of my personal information or set a date for an appointment, I just scribble the information on the back of one of these mini cards.
lilalia_moo73
Last week, two acquaintances asked me to make up some motifs for their business. One fellow is a blacksmith, and he wants to leave the cards with his customers on the horse farms he works on. (Horses' hoofs have to be cut back and shoed every six weeks or so.)
lilalia_moo72
The other person makes and sells Waldorf dolls. She sells them at Christmas markets and now she has decided to sell her mini cards as gift tags.

Gosh, this is getting long winded& All that I really wanted to say was, if any of you would like to make up gift tags for yourselves and you do not have motifs, feel free to use my selection.

Please tell me if you do because it would be nice to know.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:03 pm

    (Kann man hier auch auf Deutsch tippen?)
    ;)

    Moo cards are great - I loved mine!
    Maybe I'll do some again. I ordered normal business cards last time, but the Moos were funny and good quality!

    Re sneaky pics.
    I did those hipshots too a few times, got some funny results and I still do it from time to time.
    But trust me, people have a sense for realizing that you are taking pictures of them.

    :)

    (This is try Nr. 5 for posting this comment....)

    ReplyDelete