20 November, 2007

A Healthy And Happy Life

Today’s topic of meditation:

We all dream about living a healthy and happy life.

After being on this planet for fifty years, I know that the pursuit of health and balance is not rocket science. Nevertheless, I constantly flounder. I know about daily exercise, drinking lots of liquids, eating a balanced and diverse diet, the need for sleep, and how to avoid stress. In fact, I know a lot more of then that, yet, does this translate into concrete, consistent, irrefutable action? Alas, no, not really.

And when you think of it, the pursuit of happiness is, at best, a precarious goal. It could well be that, in our society we invest too much time and effort trying to obtain the unobtainable.

Even the definition of what happiness is, tends to be prickly. If you asked someone what is loyalty, respect, courage, perseverance… most likely, we’d all, more or less, agree to common-based meanings. Yet, happiness; it appears to mean something different to each and every individual.

Mornings like this morning, I wish I could find the wings to fly the course of this day as I believe it could be done. All’s I need is a bit of courage and perseverance, don’t you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment