13 November, 2007

I Still Can’t say Goodbye

The autumn winds roar outside our living room window. We are nested down in our warm and safe home.

Yesterday, I was talking to a friend of mine about the times I was at sea with my father, when the weather was fierce and unwelcoming.

All those times, I felt willing to share my fate with my father: a lucky lucky fellow. We got through the storms (more or less in one piece) together. I miss him greatly when the weather roars like it does today.

Tommy Emmanuel singing, “I still can’t say goodbye” (written by Chet Atkins) captures this sentiment well. Most of the text is just too sentimental, but the essence, my inability to truly deeply say my farewell, holds true.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:01 pm

    beautiful song, but not written by chet atkins..............

    ReplyDelete