01 November, 2007

Let's Rock And Roll

Last year I participated in NaBloPoMo. It is part creative writing event, blogging mania, and a fun competition (yes, there are gifts to win) all wrapped in one.

The NaBloPoMo challenge asks bloggers to write a blog post every day this month. As a returnee, I want to share with all the newbies some advice about how to survive and find your writing wings and soar in the next weeks:


View this month as an opportunity to write stories that have never come to (virtual) paper and share them with an appreciative audience.

Pay attention to the mundane day-to-day occurrences in your life and make them come alive to your readers. The participators/readers are from every corner of the earth: your normal is their exotic.

Spend time reading other NaBloPoMo blogs and commenting. The feeling of camaraderie is infectious, and even, at times, inspirational.

If you stumble upon a good post or blog, share it with others.



That’s it. Good luck to (us) you all!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck to you. For some reason NaBloPoMo feels intimidating to me. But then I'm doing NaNoWriMo. I'd never attempt both.

    I guess writing a novel feels easiert because I don't have to show it to anybody.

    (And now I have write another 700 words to fill my quota...

    ReplyDelete