13 December, 2007

Breakfast Atheist

breakfast toast

What is the most important meal of the day? Breakfast. This is something everyone knows. What is my least favourite meal of the day? Don’t even have to think about it. No weighing in. It is… breakfast.

I keep hoping that by some marvel, a scientific study or religious dogma somewhere in the world will prove that breakfast is a thoroughly unnecessary event.

You might say, “That will never happen”, but just think about red wine, coffee, bitter chocolate, tea, eggs, etc. Think about how many “unhealthy” things have been proven not only delectable, but they are even good for our wellbeing. And, than think about how so many “healthy” things have come under severe critique: carrots, spinach, mushrooms, etc.

I know it is a lot to ask, but how can breakfast be so important when it means eating before I am hungry, and eating substance that are often contain masses of sugar and gelatine, or they are sugar-coated (most cereals) or taste like sawdust (the other sorts of cereals)?

This video show what my inner feelings about matters concerning the importance of eating breakfast are.

2 comments:

  1. I hereby release you from breakfast! And how lovely is Sheila?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, people really are different from each other. I'm sure that one day science is going to find out that there are people who need breakfast and others who don't.

    About the sugary breakfast options I have to say that my mother-in-law vows that the only thing appropriate for breakfast is a boiled egg and a ham sandwich.

    Most people who don't like to eat breakfast are happy when they eat about an hour later or so. Or you could do it like the French or Italians and just have coffee with milk. Or just coffee. I don't think that they say breakfast is that important.

    (I have yet to see the video.)

    ReplyDelete