18 January, 2008

The Answer is...

I'm no good at keeping up any suspense...

1: True: even though I've become rollypolly in stature the last few years, I still flexible enough to put my foot behind head; thus I can scratch behind my ear with my toes.

2: True: As Fee and Susanne mentioned, I've already entertained (bored) my friends and blog readers with numerous stories of my beloved Deutschebahn (DB). Here is the story pertaining to today's post. I've got to be the oldest poster girl this company has.

3: True: Peter Ustinov and his wife just loved Grenada. They were considering buying some land to build on many years ago. My friend at that time had some land to sell, and so, he and I met the charming couple for drinks one evening.

4: False: though only by half. I met a man who gave me the name and contact address of the person responsible for setting up a British all female boat running in the Whitbread race. This fellow felt that I had a chance to get on the team because I was a) female, b) sailor, c) engineer. I never worked up the nerve to follow this suggestion because I was a) a female scared to compete, b) sailor with no sense of direction, c) a middling engineer. This is one of the few things I have not done in my life out of fear, that I rather regret.

5: True: I don't know if I would call it psychic ability. It is something that has happened about twenty times in the last thirty years. It only happens with friends or family or people I work with every day. The green smudge appears as like a bruise or shadowing. The first few times it happened, I actually thought it was a bruise and kept on persisting that the person must have injured themselves. Yet, in the large scope of things, I don't see the bruise when someone dear to me is having a crisis consistently, so it is not a good barometer to rely on.

2 comments:

  1. I should have known that you could persuade a German train driver to make an unscheduled stop!

    As for rolypoly, you aren't. You are slim and clearly very flexible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. See, I thought you dining with the Ustinovs was highly improbable. As for #5, I would call it psychic ability which never is that reliable. Though practice makes one better. And lack of sleep and such makes one less sure.

    (I'm just wondering when I went from a person relying solely on science to a person who thinks it's very probable that people are psychic. Clearly, I'm not the woman I used to be.)

    ReplyDelete