21 January, 2008

Cooking Course January 2008

It was just a fantastic day yesterday. But, boy, am I tired today. So, just to show you guys what we prepared, feasted upon, and delighted in learning to make…

(Claudia, can you send the descriptions of each of the courses?)

Note to all, we made Everything. No opening jars, or taking out of packages… the chefs were amazing at keeping us all busy beavers, even though it must be three times the amount of work to delegate instead of just doing it themselves. Three times… say ten times.

Entré I
gang01
Some sort of liver paté (didn’t eat since I’m vegetarian) with some sort of chutney

Entré II
gang02
A shrimp thing

Not an entré but don’t know what it is called…
gang03
Ravioli with goat cheese, something, something, and parmesan stuffing, Thai asparagus

Not an entré but don’t know what it is called…
gang04
Red snapper

Main course
gang05
Quail breasts, artichoke hearts stuffed with sweet potato mix with mozzarella melted on top, a flaky pastry stuffed with a potato/vegetable stuffing (I ate everything but the quail)

Dessert
gang06
A pineapple and estragon salad, a chocolate ball (when the hardened exterior is punctured, out pours liquid chocolate), and roiboos tea ice cream

A harmonious group of workers, considering the fact that we didn’t really know each other beforehand. Not complete strangers; two of my friends and I each invited two other friends and this is how the group of nine was formed.

Hats off to the chefs.

Stay tuned. The gods willing, there will be a slideshow in a few weeks time.

4 comments:

  1. The food looks divine. What a fun thing to have done. I am lusting after the rooibos tea ice-cream - can I have some now please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet it tasted as good as it looks. When you wrote "cooking course" I immediately thought of "Volkshochschule" but this sounds like actual fun.

    I will have to dig out the cookbooks again...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, everything looks fantastic! You certainly lived up to your blog title today: Yum yum indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the pictures! It reminded me of another of my favorite blogs, Orangette. Maybe you've seen it, but if not, maybe you'd like it.

    ReplyDelete