08 January, 2008

Pssst!

mountain
Pssst! The gods willing, knock on wood, pleaseohpleaseohplease, there is a good chance that my daughter and I will be flying to NYC in a few weeks time. New York City is exciting enough on its own, but we are going, the gods willing, knock on wood, pleaseohpleaseohplease, to visit some dear friends of mine.

I’m trying to be very Zen about the whole thing, but my daydreams are filled with walks and talks and good food and hot tea and excellent wine and a plenitude of laughter… so much so that I am giddy already.

As some of you know, I am very superstitious, so I am not actually telling you this news out loud. It is just a bubble of a whisper that escaped from out of my bottled up “Vorfreude”.

Note: Vorfreude translation is a pleasant anticipation, but the word stems from vor (before, pre-, ahead) and Freude (joy). So, it actually, in my opinion, means that wonderful joy you feel in anticipation of something wonderful to come. And, what could be more beautiful than that?

1 comment:

  1. I will keep my fingers crossed for you! I love New York1

    ReplyDelete