18 January, 2008

A Quick Blip On My Blogging Screen

I'm not one for memes, but Kirsten tagged me and since she writes an interesting blog, takes fabulous photos, and is my polar opposite (i.e. a German living in North America), I’m going to quickly write five random things. This time with a twist… one of the items is a lie. Please, for my pleasure, guess which item is not true:

  1. I can scratch behind my ear without the use of my hands.
  2. The train conductor of one of Germany’s super duper fast trains from Frankfurt to Munich, once made an unofficial stop to let me out at a small station along the way.
  3. I once had dinner with Peter Ustinov and his wife.
  4. I was once offered a job on the all female crew of the round the world Whitbread sailing race.
  5. (Sometimes) I have this strange power to see when a person is ill or in crisis by the green shading on their cheeks.

Ok, that’s it. Which one?

4 comments:

  1. It's got to be #2. Surely that would never, ever happen?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:49 pm

    I opt--solidly--for #4. And if #5 is true, does the ability come and go, randomly? Can you encourage/turn it on? What kinds of illnesses/crises does it, or does it not, pick up? Can you do it with family and very close friends only? And how do you explain it, and how useful have you found it? Does anybody else in the family have it? When did you find you had this ability?
    And whether or not it is true, it would certainly provide an interesting twist in a work of fiction . . .
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. #3. I guess. And I feel a bit like cheating because you told one of the stories on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:13 pm

    I would have said 5, but now Charlotte has confused me. (Cute idea btw).

    ReplyDelete