14 March, 2008

What To Bring

The gods willing, we set off in less than a week’s time. I’ve done absolutely nothing to prepare other than check that our passports are valid. Thankfully, they are; since there wouldn’t be enough time to get new ones if they weren’t.
spring_snowy
Bit uncertain about what to bring. Will it be winter? Will it be spring? In northern Germany, you can pretty well ignore winter: a relatively warm jacket, some mittens, and that-is-that. No boots. No long underwear. Just jump into a warm bus or building when things get chilly.

Well, the forecasts are for the high 40s or early 50s Fahrenheit. If I remember right this is sort of like low or mid teens in Celsius. So, that should be ok. But, I remember freak snowstorms on the east coast. Is that so far from the realm of possibility? It is only mid-March…

I suppose we could huddle down into our room at the B&B. I suppose I should stop worrying about something so ridiculous and worry about what we are going to bring instead.

2 comments:

  1. It might be a bit cooler than you're thinking: 45F is about 7C; 55F about 13C. And while a freak snow storm is within the realm of possibility, rain is much more likely.

    As for what to pack, well clothes of course! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm always traveling with one of those jackets that you can zip in and out with fleece and such. So that serves me in any weather. Take a scarf and mittens, and I'm ready. I don't look good though.

    My sister told me that she found New York in the winter uncomfortable because it was so hot inside. So she was all bundled up for the outside and then she's enter a building and had to remove everything down to a tee. Lugging her sweater, coat, hat, scarf, and mittens around.

    On the other hand - you're not traveling to Antarctica. There will be shops.

    ReplyDelete