28 December, 2008

Grrrr!

I've spent about five or six hours today reformatting a large WinWart document. Saved it every ten minutes because I know that the program doesn't like it when you go in and change the formating of text, numbering, or bullets.

The programmed crashed four times. I was feeling smug because I didn't lose any of the information.

I just decided to send off the file to various people as an attached file in an email. I open the file to make double sure it is the right version. The bloody program has changed back some of the formatting. Leaving enough in the form I changed it so that I know it is the right version, but the WinWart program has stubbornly, randomly changed my formatting back to something it likes, but is totally unacceptable! Grrrr!

I'm sorry, but couldn't the software engineers have figured out this bug by now. It's been there in one form or another for the last 15 years! I just hate WinWart, PowerPint, and all of this company's other products.

1 comment:

  1. When these programs work, they do a good job. When they don't - I'm with you 100 percent - they are painfully stubborn! What I have a real problem with is when something created in one of these MS programs doesn't work well with another (I think it happens way too often)...

    Anyway, I'm coming here from Christine Kane's site - very nice post over there Lia! Trust is one you've really got me thinking about now...

    ReplyDelete