31 December, 2008

Trying Unsuccessfully To Move With The Mood

I just recently decided to renew my membership to a fitness studio again. I went a few years ago, the best times were during the Sydney Olympics. Boy, I never did so much fitness-y stuff as during the Sydney Olympics. We don't have a television at home, and that was before our Broadband Days. Gosh, I'm so old.

So, I'm back on the bicycle and trying to move with the mood of the gym; with its bodybuilding commando, its perky personal trainers, and, sigh, yes, it's television screens. But, now the sports channel is showing reruns of ski jumping, another an advert channel for Canada tourism, and on two more MTV reality shows.

In the last weeks, just about any time I've gone, there has been this lesbian-bi-you-get-to-sleep-with-Tira reality show on the screen while I am pedaling away in the studio. With subtitles. Everywhere you look. I just do not get it. I really wish I could option out of this whole reality show stuff.



Here's a wonderful adieu letter to hip hop that is a very powerful voice of someone who had decided to stop trying to unsuccessfully move with the mood.

2 comments:

  1. These old bones aren't moving to much of anything these days much less the mood, Lia, so I definitely empathize!!! Happy New Year, my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what I do when I'm on a machine exercise thingy and am hating what's on TV? I try to find all of the letters of the alphabet in the captions, ads, etc. -- in order from A to Z -- then I go from Z to A, then I find all the numbers from 1-100, then backwards, and pretty soon the time has passed. I'm so interested in the letters and numbers that I'm not annoyed by the "vibe."

    It occurs to me that this may be completely OCD and/or insane, but hey, it works for me.

    ReplyDelete