18 January, 2009

The Bush Verdict

I have been watching out for this type of assessment of the Bush years in office. The video is titled, "The Bush verdict, from 9/11 to the credit crunch, leading commentators give their assessments of George W Bush's presidency". The video is a precise, spartan, and yet, irrevocable statement of eight years poorly lived.

Actually, I expected this to come from an American news' source, and not the Guardian. Still, take a look of the video by Rebecca Lovell, a video producer and Hildegunn Soldal, an executive producer at the Guardian in Britain. I know many people wish to forget as quickly as possible the plunders and the fumblings, yet the question is why shouldn't people such as President Bush be held accountable?

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Lia, for posting this --it really is an excellent commentary on Bush's presidency.

    How sad that we elected such a man!!! I am proud to say that I never voted for him.

    I do wish I could wish him well as he goes home to Texas but I can't. I have to remind myself that the God I believe in will forgive him his sins but I, and many others, won't for a very long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn! I don't see the video. I saw the teaser over at Embodied Aging and thought "that sounds like a good post!" Sometimes videos are removed at the source (i.e., You Tube) and it drives me crazy.

    ReplyDelete