05 January, 2009

Ridiculous, but still...

Going through Huffington Post today and noticed a link to a slideshow of the Obamas' daughters attending their first day at school. I didn't click on the page. I thought, even though this might sound ridiculous, I am not going to be one of the millions and millions of people robbing these little girls of their right to a childhood far from the maddening crowd. What would happen if no one paid attention? What if no one looked at the photographs, or no one read the articles? Would the cameras disappear? Woudl the journalists turn to more pressing matters? It's just a thought.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, Lia!!! Malia and Sasha deserve to be allowed to be kids. It's bad enough they have to have the Secret Service around contantly without paparazzi trailing them. I suspect that if they go too far, that Michelle will put her foot down in no uncertain terms. Those girls are everything to her.

    One of the things I admired most about Hillary was that when Bill got nominated, she called Jackie Kennedy and asked her for advice on protecting Chelsea. She did a great job amd perhaps she can help the Obamas as well.

    ReplyDelete