08 July, 2009

A Love for Stop Motion

It might be the child in me, the one that tried to make stop motion films by drawing on the corners of pages in my school exercise books, but I love the stop motion films. There are so many excellent ones out there that I couldn’t possibly name them all. Here are but two of my favourites.

“This is the PEN Story in stop motion. We shot 60.000 pictures, developed 9.600 prints and shot over 1.800 pictures again. No post production! Thanks to all the stop motion artists who inspired us.”



I like this because it is obviously a story that took place in Germany in the last 50 years and I can identify not only the scenery, but also the emotions and impulses that have driven the man through his life.

Players from Sam Javanrouh on Vimeo.



This film is wonderful because the background motion in most stop motion films is relatively static, which is not the case in this film.

Lastly, are there any parents out there looking for a summer activity for their children to do during rainy summer holidays?

No comments:

Post a Comment