19 September, 2010

Didn't Fall Off The Edge Of The Planet

When I started this blog I made a promise that I would not explain my absences nor talk about any illnesses. So, I am not going to say I am sorry that I haven't been writing much lately, but to say I am back! Friends and I just finished giving a tea party fund raising event.

It was a roaring success because,

  • family and friends said they would help me this year during the event and they managed 100% to leave me free to sit with the people at the event and get caught up on small talk
  • nearly double the amount of people attended this year's event in comparision to last year's
  • there were a few hiccups (too many people and not enough chairs), but I have the feeling that they took it all in their stride
  • we earned a good sum of money to help the people in Kimilili, Kenya buy land for their school and start a few small-scale businesses
  • the event is over and no tears were shed and much hugs and kisses were given
So, thank you Claudia and Daniela for all your help. The same goes for you, my dearest children, you earned 10 Brownie Points today for sure.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:50 am

    Hurray - what a marvellous success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad this went well this year. I'm so proud to know you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ladyfi, it was well worth the effort.

    Maggie, does this mean you are out of the hospital? I hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am out, I am home after a stress test, and I am heading for a convention where tomorrow night I will be on the dance floor. No results yet from anybody. I feel pretty good except for the no exercising.

    And you are doing what now?

    ReplyDelete