10 October, 2016

DB Blogger in residence

Anyone who has read this blog knows I am a long-time fan of the Deutsche Bundesbahn (DB for short). It is a running joke in my family, my unerring loyalty to the German train company, but they also joke about how I possess good DB karma. When it comes to the DB, my belief in its greatness has been reinforced a thousand times.

My son sent me an article about how Amarak in the States is now installing writers in residence in their trains. Isn't that the most brilliant idea!

I came up with the idea of becoming DB blogger in residence. I could write posts about travelling around Germany in trains. I could entertain foreign travellers with stories of places I visit, and people I meet along the way. 

I  could describe the different types of trains that run north to south and east to west, from the supersonic to the meandering milk runs. Then there are the cultural intricacies, such as: why Germans pack a lunch whenever they take the train: football, rowdies and police crowd control with the DB: bilingual announcements during train trips: Oktoberfest and funny-looking passengers...  The list goes on and on.

Now all I have to do is figure out how to make this dream job come true!

Suggestions appreciated...

No comments:

Post a Comment